Effective Acne Therapies and Best Skin Care Products for Acne
Acne is the disease of the skin that leads to hyperactivation of the oil glands. The acne prone skin is a specific type of the skin that is vulnerable to the appearance of the undesired formations. Such an active production of oil develops nodules, papules, postulations, and atheroma.
The procedure of acne treatment with adults requires a complex of measurements for the liquidation of the problem. In the most difficult cases, the treatment should be prescribed by the dermatologist based on the visual symptoms and analysis. Here you will acquire the information on popular acne treatment procedures, means of diagnosis and an analysis of the best acne products for oily skin.
The Forecast for the Treatment of Acne
During the preliminary analysis of the acne stage, the doctors look carefully through an abundance of features and check various symptomatic markers which play a valuable role during the selection of the medical procedure.
- Acne is a chronical, hard to cure disease that has got a genetic predisposition where the slightest stimulation can cause a recurrence with acute complications. When professionals understand the catalysts which cause the acne, they are capable to control the disease, decrease the chances of worsening, prevent post acne scars and develop a sort of immunity for some time.
- It is important to understand that in case of a progression of the disease, the changes on the skin are irreversible and it is often impossible to bring the skin to perfection again.
- A full acne treatment procedure is a lasting process that usually takes over 4 months.
- During the first month of treatment, there might be a set of severe complications especially when acne growth mechanism is suppressed by the medicine.
- It is necessary to pass the full course of acne treatment without taking breaks even when serious improvements are being observed. The undertreated acne can return again with even greater complications.
Regardless of the fact that adult acne is the disease that can accompany the patient during the whole life, there is no need to get despaired about it. The modern selection of treatment methods includes both internal and external types. They can make the illness run smoothly and avoid complications with destructive impact on the skin ensuring a long-term remission.back to menu ↑
Internal Medical Therapy for Acne Prone Skin
Effective acne products are prescribed for light and moderate acne maladies. They are utilized for the removal of papules, pustulations, and nodules. Aside from conventional creams, lotions and ointments, there is a set of special substances which are taken inside.
- The antibiotics of macrolide and tetracycline groups. Their basic goal is to suppress the pathogenic microflora in the cores of inflammation.
- The oral contraceptives with estragen-gestagen substance which normalize the hormonal background and regulate the activity of the oil glands.
- A, B, C vitamins increase the reepithelization of the skin and improve an overall condition of the body.
The antibiotics treatment demands a long-term systematic influence. However, it is not advisable to take them for an extremely long term as it often harms the digestive microflora. Moreover, the acne bacteria become resistant to antibiotics after some period of time. In this case, the decision of antibiotics consumption is made based on the potential use for the patient.
The hormonal substances are taken with a greater care as in 60% of case people observe side effects. The most common side effects are sickness, dryness in the mouth and weight gain. They should be stopped to consume in case of the mentioned side effects.back to menu ↑
External Medicament Acne Products that Work
The external therapy of acne illness has got similar prescription reasons as the internal therapy, but it is applied on the top of the skin.
Here are the following substances which are applied externally.
- Lotions on the basis of salicylic acid which make the inflamed areas of the skin dry.
- Zinc ointment removes inflammation and eliminates the bacteria.
- Creams and gels on the basis of benzyl peroxide which provides an antibacterial effect thanks to oxidization, synthetic retinoid which normalizes the process of keratinization and azalaine acid which provides an antibacterial effect within the mouth of the follicle.
- The topical antibiotics are effective for short-term use only due to the possibility of acne microbes’ resistance development.
The topical effect is more visible during the treatment of the disease and within 3 months of properly selected therapy, it is possible to minimize the acne rash to zero.back to menu ↑
Mechanical Facial Cleaning and Peeling
Manual facial cleaning is a special procedure during which each pimple is manually removed. The cleaning of this type is possible only in case of a non-inflammatory form of acne rash. The procedures run in the following way:
- The face of the patient is heated to open the follicles and make them more accessible for operations;
- The cosmetologist disinfects the surface of the skin;
- After a careful close look through a special glass, the cosmetologist starts to manually remove pimple by pimple with a special tool.
A less painful and traumatizing variant is the vacuum cleaning of the face. The effect is achieved by a special machine that is pulling out excessive oil right from the follicles through a strong pressure.
The chemical peeling has proven its effectiveness as well. It is performed using various acids of both natural and artificial origin. Such peeling is used for medium and deep cleansing. The positive impact is achieved through the micro burns which are inflicted to the skin.
Peeling can be used at any stage of acne rash and its deepness variates, depending on the severity level. The procedure is not advisable for people whose skin has a tendency for scars forming.back to menu ↑
Laser Therapy Methodology for Treatment
The ruby, neodymium, and alexandrite laser are the most effective tools for influencing the acne rash at the inflamed stage. A highly energized laser penetrates the skin and warms up the surface leading to the following events:
- The harmful organisms in the body are dying under the impact of the laser.
- It renovates the cells and prevents the negative consequences of the acne rash like pigment spots and scars.
The only negative feature of the therapy is its high value. Although it is said that operation is painless, people state that they experience itching and burning during the operation. A course of 3-4 options is usually required for the fullest effect.back to menu ↑
Acne Photo Treatment
Among all means of fighting acne, phototherapy is one of the most effective ones. The skin is impacted with short-term flashes of light. The spectrum of light is adjusted in the manner to destroy the cells of Propionibacterium Acne. The result is visible after 2 weeks of the therapy.
Another positive feature of photo treatment is the capability to provide the anti-aging effect. It will not only destroy acne but remove some wrinkles. The speed of the treatment is among the fastest and is nearly painless.back to menu ↑
Intravenous Laser Treatment of Blood
During the process, a special luminescent transistor is injected into the blood. After that, the blood is stimulated with light and it is transferred through the blood via the markers. As a result, an overall quality of the blood is improved together with the activation of blood renewal.
After the purification and improvement of the blood system the immunity, lipid exchange, and regeneration capabilities are enhanced. This mechanism has an impact on the productivity and normalization of oil glands. It assists the body in fighting with the inflammation centers and improves the recovery of the skin.back to menu ↑
Other Popular Medical Means of Acne Treatment
As practice has shown there are many other means of fighting acne rash.
- Darsonvalisation – the treatment with high voltage current through the Darsonval equipment. It stimulates the neural cells and improves the blood flow.
- Cryotherapy – the impact with a low temperature that mobilizes all the cells to fight the cold and produce an extreme amount of energy that leads to faster cellular regeneration.
- Desincrustation – the stimulation of skin with the galvanized currency that shifts the acid balance of the skin and makes more available with sodium solution that flushes away the excess oil from the pores.
- Mesotherapy – special injections of mineral fluids which stimulate the body to fight against acne bacteria.
Best Products for Acne Prone Skin
Regardless of the variety of options which are used to clean the skin, the creams and lotions are still among the most popular ones and here you will find the options which can become rather helpful when dealing with the problem of acne.
Olay Regenerist Microdermabrasion & Peel System Microdermabrasion Treatment 1 Kit
- It activates a natural cellular regeneration capability.
- It restores a color and texture of the skin to the most attractive level.
- The medication cleans the pores at the micro level.
- Not all the elements of the cream are of natural origin.
- Alpha Hydroxy Acid demands the limitation of the sun rays contact.
TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C Serum for Face, Topical Facial Serum with Hyaluronic Acid & Vitamin E, 1 fl oz.
- All skin beneficial ingredients in one drop.
- You can use it several times per week without losing efficiency.
- It has a pleasant and gentle scent.
- The serum might cause allergy to some people, need to take a test first.
Retinol Moisturizer Cream for Face – with Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin E and Green Tea.
- It has a comfortable dispenser.
- The formula is composed exclusively of natural ingredient.
- It is a dermatologically tested and hypoallergenic substance.
- It does not contain SPF.
LilyAna Naturals Retinol Cream Moisturizer
- The formula has a decent amount of substances necessary for the skin’s improvement.
- The results are rather fast in case of daily use.
- It has a high concentration of retinol.
- The can is not a hygienic means of distributing anti-acne cream.
Proactiv 3-Step Acne Treatment System (30-day) Starter
Revitalizing toner will nourish the cells of the skin at a microscopic level. Finally, the repair cream will restore the beauty of acne-damaged skin bringing back its freshness.
- It repairs the skin in an exquisite manner.
- The toner provides a powerful revitalizing effect.
- It can cause the red rash with some skin types.
- It is not used for the removal of dark spots.
Dead Sea Mud Mask
- Powerful skin cleansing tool.
- It naturally normalizes oil level.
- It is an original dead sea mud.
- You don’t always have time to put the mask on.
- You might experience burning and tingling while using it.
Body Merry Retinol Moisturizer
Retinol is the most important substance that nourishes the skin, while acids are required to normalize skin oil level. The natural oils perform restorative functions as they smoothen the wrinkles and contribute to the creation of a splendid tone of the skin.
- It has a comfortable dispenser.
- The natural ingredients stimulate the skin’s defensive functions.
- Perfect against wrinkles, acne and pigment spots.
- People might be allergic to the wheat ingredient.
- Newer options have got a changed formula with the decreased amount of retinol.
Dead Sea Mud Mask Infused with Hyaluronic Acid, 8oz
The hyaluronic acid infusion performs a powerful oil control and anti-aging function that will make the skin sparkle with radiance. Finally, the mask can be applied not only to the face only but to the skin of the whole body.
- It is a full nourishing complex.
- The ingredients provide both cleaning and restorative effect.
- The effect is faster if compared to standard facial masks.
- It causes the tightening of the skin for some period.
- It is a time taking procedure.
Specific Beauty – Hydroquinone Free Morning Skincare System
The cleanser is designated to remove not only excess oil from the skin but also micro dirt and pore-corks which contribute to the formation of acne. Other elements of the complex are made to prevent dryness and nourish the skin after passing the cleansing procedure.
- It provides especially effective cleaning.
- It has SPF included.
- It evens an overall skin tone.
- The brightening serum can cause red spots on the skin.
- There is a disproportion with a number of substances.
Specific Beauty – Advanced Dark Spot Correcting Pads
The formula is designated to eliminate free radicals which are often called the main reason for aging and cancer. It is a powerful weapon that gently removes the symptoms of acne on the skin making it lighter and silkier. Now you can enjoy your life with a fresh, radiating skin.
- The usual way of presentation.
- It is comfortable during the application to the skin.
- Especially effective against dark spots.
- The pads can dry if the can is not closed properly.
CeraVe Daily Moisturizing Lotion 12 oz with Hyaluronic Acid and Ceramides
- It is absorbed really fast.
- The effect lasts for 24 hours.
- It leaves the feeling of freshness after it dries out.
- The pump often breaks.
- It is too heavy for sensitive skin types.
TruSkin Naturals Vitamin C-Plus Super Serum, Anti Aging Anti-Wrinkle Facial Serum with Niacinamide, Retinol, Hyaluronic Acid, and Salicylic Acid
- Makes the skin look younger and brighter.
- It applies a powerful formula based on renowned ingredients.
- You can apply the serum either directly to the skin or combine it with your favorite body lotion.
- You can use it only 2-3 times a week.
- A concentration of vitamin C can cause a red rash.
Visage Envy Daily Facial Cleanser
- It can be applied with water to cover a greater area of skin.
- It is shipped in a pack of two bottles and it is enough for several months.
- The cream becomes too dense if wrongly stored and can’t pass through the pump.
Eva Naturals Facelift in a Bottle – 3-in-1 Anti-Aging Set with Retinol Serum
- All ingredients are 100% natural.
- It fights with both acne and aging.
- The serums can be added to your favorite moisturizer.
- It takes some time to see the effect.
- You can’t constantly use the serum.
Mario Badescu Drying Lotion
The formula utilizes sulfur, calamine and salicylic acid which are frequently present in the medications which are used in the medical substances for acne treatment.
- It uses medical grade ingredients.
- The effect for oily skin is truly amazing.
- Can’t be used for sensitive skin.
- Sulfur ingredient causes flakiness of the skin.