Airbrush Makeup – New Technique Everyone Should Know About
Perhaps, the progress of modern technologies will never stop surprising: what the amazing things the beauty specialists create to help the ladies look beautiful. It’s not that easy to make up every day, although it’s hard to refuse to have a nice stylish makeup.
Dark spots, wrinkles, baggy skin below the eyes or pale skin never added beauty to anyone, that is why it is very important to know how to do a nice makeup. Recently a new and a very young technology of the makeup “Airbrush” becomes more and more popular.
This way of making up came to us from the Hollywood: celebs have been using the airbrush for a long time as it makes possible to create an ideal makeup.
The technique itself is not difficult, the main thing is to use high-quality instruments. The procedure means airbrushing of the special cosmetics with the help of airbrush and air compressor. The particles of the special cosmetics, covering the skin of the face, look more natural than the cosmetics applied in the usual way.
It can be explained by the fact that the regular cosmetics accentuates the pores, while airbrush makes the pores less noticeable, but at the same time doesn’t interfere with normal skin breathing.
The Peculiarities of the Airbrushing
Unlike the classical makeup, airbrush means applying the cosmetics with a thin half transparent layer. Due to this, the skin is covered with a kind of a veil which hides the disadvantages (reddening, dark spots, acne, rash, black circles under the eyes, scars, fine lines, and even sunspots), but at the same time it doesn’t hide the actual color of the skin, so it looks natural with a light porcelain effect.
If not to use bright cosmetics, it may seem that you don’t have any makeup at all. The main advantage of this technique is that you don’t have to refresh the makeup and be afraid that at the most inopportune moment your powder blusher will go away or the foundation will turn into beads.
The distinctive feature of this method is that the makeup applied this way may stay on the face up to 12-18 hours and you won’t need to refresh it from time to time. Tears, sweat, occasional drops of water – all this is not a problem for your makeup as airbrushing is not afraid of moisture. It is very comfortable when you are going to visit some continuous event or party. That is why airbrush technique becomes more and more popular among the brides. Just imagine that you may look perfect and natural on your most important day. Isn’t it a dream?!
Here is a piece of advice: if you decided to use this method, have several experimental makeups before the actual event to make sure that your shade of the skin coincides with the selected cosmetics and then the event will be unforgettable.
The technique of airbrushing has its own peculiarities and the prices are rather high that is why it is important to select the cosmetics carefully.back to menu ↑
The Benefits of the Airbrush Makeup
This technique is perfect for photo and video, although many girls are scared that this makeup may look artificial. This thought is wrong: the special cosmetics for airbrush contains light-reflecting particles which make the skin perfectly matte without excess glitter and unwanted roughness.
Many makeup artists prefer this technique while preparing the models before the photography as it’s much better to create the “ideal” face at once than put tons of the cosmetics and then waste a lot of time for editing the photos in graphics editors.back to menu ↑
What Cosmetics is Used for Airbrushing
The makeup is applied with a help of the airbrush that is why the process is faster and a regular moistening cream or concealer are used as a foundation.
Airbrushing means applying not only the foundation but also the complete set of cosmetics: powder blusher, eyeshadows of various shades, lipstick etc. All the colors can be easily mixed up with each other creating the most unusual new shades which give the face fresh and natural look.
If you decided to use the technique of airbrushing, do not forget that it is necessary to use special cosmetics of particular brands as it doesn’t contain oils or alcohol and can be used even by people predisposed to allergy or with a sensitive skin.
Another obvious advantage of this technique is that it is very hygienic as during applying the cosmetics no sponges or brushes will be used (during multiple usages they can become the breeding ground for various bacteria).back to menu ↑
How to Apply
First of all, it is necessary to select a proper shade of cosmetics – put several drops onto the face, if the color of the foundation coincides with your skin, shade it all over the face.
It’s also necessary to remember that you need to airbrush at the distance of 15-20 cm from the face; the movements should be soft and accurate. Eyebrows and lips are lined with the help of the stencil. Only this method allows creating nice smooth lines.
Airbrush is an excellent choice for men and women of any age as due to this technology pores become less visible and the wrinkles or other age changes almost disappear. Some minor details like eyelines or contour of the lips can be corrected manually.
The only disadvantage of this technique is a rather high price of the device and special cosmetics, besides, if you purchase the airbrush kit, you will have to master the skills of applying this kind of makeup.back to menu ↑
The Set for Airbrush Technique
Do you imagine what is needed to do the airbrush makeup? First, it is an air compressor with a connected (via the hose) stylus. This is the main device. The stylus has a special capacity into which the cosmetic is added. The artist works with a stylus like a painter on the canvas airbrushing the cosmetics on the face of the person. It is even possible to do such a makeup at home.
A popular brand Temptu is rather famous among the existing sets. The company produces both devices for airbrush and cosmetics for it. Hollywood visagistes prefer airbrush makeup Temptu as its quality is on a high level. In the set of this brand, there is an instruction on how to switch on and fill in the device with the cosmetics.
The scheme is the following:
- A small amount of a special liquid foundation is added to the tank on the stylus;
- A few drops of water should be added (the proportions are usually indicated on the product’s instruction);
- The airbrush is held 20 cm from the face. It is recommended to do the circular movements. The model should close the eyes and hold the breath.
It is possible to apply any cosmetics with the help of airbrush: foundation, eyeshadows, lipstick, powder blusher etc. However, the special cosmetics should be used. It has a certain consistency and structure that makes it possible to break up into microscopic particles and go through the thinnest stylus and pulveriser. These particles are not dissolved in the air and do not plug the holes in the stylus. Do not experiment with regular cosmetics as there is a risk to break down the device.
There are several kinds of foundation cosmetics for airbrushing:
- Shimmer (bronzer) for adding the effect of tan and shining;
- Brightener (illuminator) for highlighting the skin if necessary.
The professionals recommend combining two types of the makeup: airbrush makeup and the conventional one. It means that you can apply the foundation and powder blusher with the help of airbrush, and then colour the eyes with regular eyeshadows and lips with a solid lipstick.
Cosmetics for airbrush makeup costs more than the traditional one, but at the same time, the consumption is more economical. It can be explained by the fact that the layer of makeup done by airbrush is thinner than the one after sponges and brushes.
A few words about cleaning the airbrush. After each exchange of the cosmetics from one to another, it is necessary to wash the tank of the stylus. Just add several drops of water, put the napkin in front of the stylus and press the button. Once the transparent water will go out, the stylus is clean. If to skip this procedure, the cosmetics will dry out in the stylus and in time the stylus may stop passing the air.
Best airbrush makeup reviews
Art of Air Professional Airbrush Cosmetic Makeup System
- It is applied to the skin with a thin breathing film.
- Three modes assist in regulating the feeding of the paint.
- It is shipped with 6 options of hues and all of them are mixable between each other.
- It is hard to adjust the equipment without prior looking at YouTube tutorial.
- The substances should be shaken in the bottles to avoid stickiness.
Photo Finish Professional Airbrush Cosmetic Makeup System Kit
- The effect of the airbrush makeup lasts for 24 hours without fading away.
- The silica ingredient smoothens all the unevenness on the surface of the face.
- The anti-aging moisturizers contribute to the nourishing of the skin.
- It depends on the strength of electricity a lot to guarantee a decent power of compressor.
Luminess Air Aqua & White Legend Airbrush System
- The compressor is made nearly noiseless.
- The operation is absolutely hygienic.
- The fluids that are used are tested by dermatologists.
- It is compatible with only native products.
- The product should be cleaned after every use as it dries very quickly in the applicator.
Mineral Air Cordless Airbrush Makeup Kit – Light
- Mineral infused formula for nourishing of the skin.
- Small size for easy transportation.
- It is equipped with three available light tones.
- The colors can’t be mixed.
- You can use only native tubes of foundations.
- The makeup lasts for only 8 hours.
Iwata-Medea Studio Series Ninja Jet Single Piston Air Compressor
- Reliable equipment.
- It generates a strong flow when warmed up.
- It produces a loud noise during the work.
- It needs some time to warm up to generate the required effect.
Foundation Deluxe Dinair Airbrush Makeup Kit Personal Pro
- Introduces all required equipment for both new and professional artists.
- Offers a wide selection of hues.
- The miniature size makes it rather easy to transport.
- It uses aqua based airbrush while oil is said to be more popular.
- The nozzles are easily blocked with a dried paint and should be cleaned after every operation.
Temptu Gravity Feed Airbrush
- The professional quality of a starter equipment.
- The astonishing selection of foundations for all types of the skins.
- You can mix the hues to get the new options.
- The channels can be easily blocked with a quick-drying substance.
- For cleaning, you need to put the equipment into pieces and clean it if a long break is planned to be taken.
Temptu S-One Deluxe Airbrush Kit
- Everything is in one place.
- Metal quality guarantees many years of lasting service.
- A powerful engine is overheating proof to serve more customers.
- The price is somewhat biting, showing that it is really for professionals not for home use.
Tickled Pink AirbrushTM Makeup Compressor Kit with Light Shades Foundation Makeup
- The pressure adjustment avoids the damage to the skin during the operation.
- It is additionally infused with aloe to grant moisture to the skin.
- The foundations provide an instant effect.
- It is safe for sensitive skin.
- You need skills to learn how to use the item on yourself.
- A regular cleaning is mandatory for a long term of service.
Aeroblend Airbrush Makeup Personal Starter Kit
- The equipment is of a superb quality and durability.
- Extra quiet compressor is of a very small size and is travel-friendly.
- The makeup can be fast removed with water and soap.
- There is no accumulator and you need a plug to use it.
- Sometimes the shipped colors won’t match some of the complexions.
Art of Air FAIR Complexion Professional Airbrush Cosmetic Makeup System
- The equipment is easily prepared for work.
- You can control the shades and pick among 6 options.
- It provides an even makeup without flaking.
- The compressor has three levels of intensity.
- The foundation turns sticky if not shaken before utilization as pigments often get separated and fall to the bottom.
Paasche Airbrush Makeup Brush/Compressor Kit with Case and Batteries
- Strong gravity feed compressor that is capable to provide a quick operation.
- Perfect for travelling as it does not depend on the plug.
- The case is included in the set.
- You need good batteries as the pressure goes weaker with low batteries.
Glam Air Airbrush Makeup Machine System
- The machine is assembled effortlessly
- It has numerous modes of utilization.
- The compressor can endure a long time of service.
- You need to maintain the equipment clean in order to prevent clogging.
- The starting shipping lacks the colors.
Belloccio Professional Beauty Airbrush Cosmetic Makeup System
- It offers a wide selection of the tones.
- It has extra tan feature.
- Makeup is performed without any contact with the skin by brushes or fingers.
- The needle holder should be removed carefully as the needle can fall out easily.