Best Shimmer Eyeshadow Palette to Make Your Eyes Sparkle
It’s not a secret that every woman wants to look perfect. To fulfill this dream cosmetologists created a great number of various means. Of course, one of them are the eyeshadows.
They can accentuate the advantages of one’s eyes if selected and applied properly. However, it is necessary to be very careful, otherwise, the final result may be spoiled. Best palettes are the universal cosmetology products that can help to achieve the desired success in creating the ideal look.
Shimmer eyeshadows are the most popular among women. They consist of small particles which have the metallic brilliance. This effect (when there are a lot of shining particles in the eyeshadows) is also called “shimmer”. The texture helps to make the glance more open, remove the tiredness and freshen the overall look.
To check the power of the mother-of-pearl is very easy: just add some light eyeshadow above the eye, below the eyebrow and onto the inner corner of the eye.
These eyeshadows are recommended to use for creating the looks for going for a walk, a date or visiting some restaurant or café. The main rule: the skin of the eyelid should be perfect.
If there are some wrinkles, it’s better to refuse shimmer eyeshadows in favor of the matte ones. You won’t be able to correct the shape of the eye with the help of the shimmer eyeshadows, but in combination with the matte eyeshadows, you may achieve a fantastic result.back to menu ↑
It can be stated for certain that in the collections of any brands – starting with the most elite, professional and famous and ending up with the most budget options – most of the produced eyeshadows are the shimmer ones. That is why it won’t be a problem to select the proper shade.
The most required shades are the light ones as they are usually used as the highlighters in any makeup. Bright and rich summer shades will help you to create many spring and summer looks; calm and deep dark shades – warm and cold – will match the evening and holiday, autumn and office make up.back to menu ↑
How to Select the Best Colorful Eyeshadow Palette
Many people consider that the eyeshadows should be selected individually by taking into consideration the color of the eyes. However, the main criterion during selecting the eyeshadows should be the seasonal color analysis of the woman.
- Winter. This type of girls usually has dark eyes, dark hair, and light skin. Cold shades of the eyeshadows are preferred. Blue and plum colors match only this type, while coffee shade won’t produce such an effect. It’s better to refuse this shade as well as chocolate one.
- Spring. Peach, green and brown eyeshadows will look great on the owners of the light hair and dark eyebrows, green and blue eyes. Girls of the “spring” type can use the eyeshadows of blue shade, but carefully.
- Summer. Fair hair beauties with bright blue eyes (green and grey as well) can use all the shades of grey, light gold, and violet.
- Autumn. Girls with red hair and dark hazel eyes should use bronze, gold and peach shades.
The Secrets of Applying the Shimmer Eyeshadows
The first rule is to not to use it for office makeup and if to add it, then just a little bit. The areas where it looks good – the inner corner of the eye, the line above the eyelid and the space under the eyebrow.
However, to apply them all over the eyelid won’t be a good idea, because glitter eyeshadows can accentuate any inequality of the skin, especially the wrinkles. That is why it is strongly recommended to use it only by girls who are confident about their perfect skin state.
Unfortunately, those women who have the crow’s feet around the eyes should refuse shimmer eyeshadows in favour of matte ones. Matte eyeshadows perfectly cope with all the disadvantages of the skin unlikely the glitter.
If you do not hesitate that your skin looks perfect, then do not forget that it is the best for the evening makeup or some holiday event.
Those who are still not sure what color of the shimmer eyeshadows to use can select some neutral shades: light peach, bright white, grey, shining chestnut, pale pink or golden. It is possible to select either to match the color of the iris or the color of the base eyeshadows.
By the way, after you choose the shimmer eyeshadows for your look, do not use them with the same lipstick. It will look awkward and too garish. The lipstick shouldn’t be as bright as the eyeshadows. The best variant is the nude variants.
To have these eyeshadows in one’s beauty case or not is up to you to decide, but it is obvious that these eyeshadows will become unforgettable at any party. The only secret is to learn how to use them not to look funny.back to menu ↑
Example of How to Do the Makeup with Best Glitter Eyeshadow
There are many pieces of advice on how to use the shimmer eyeshadows. Here we are going to review several steps which can lead you to the perfect makeup.
- Where does the eye makeup start? Of course, at the smoothing the tone of the skin around the eyes. The skin there is very tender, that is why it is recommended to apply a few drops of the concealer to hide the small capillary vessels, pigmented spots or sunspots.
- Apply the foundation. It is very important to use a good foundation. If it is applied properly, then any eyeshadows will stay on your eyes the whole day. Use the foundation just after the concealer, wait few minutes and start doing the makeup itself.
- Combine light and dark. Make up the upper eyelid with matte eyeshadows of the base shade. Put dark shade onto the outside corner of the eyelid. Shade the transitions carefully to make them almost invisible.
- Create the contrast. Put the glitter eyeshadows onto the center of the upper eyelid (in the area of the iris). The bright spot should be only on the eyelid.
- Add the dark eyeshadows to the outside part of the eye crease. This area should be the darkest. Highlight the area about the eye crease with grey.
- Apply light eyeshadows under the eyebrows. They should match the base colors which are used in the make-up. Follow the contour of the eyebrow and shade carefully.
- Eyeliner and mascara can be used for even brighter effect.
Top Eyeshadow Palettes to Complement Your Eyes
Best Pro Eyeshadow Palette Makeup – Matte Shimmer 16 Colors – Highly Pigmented – Professional Nudes Warm Natural
- Perfect for daily use.
- Only skin-friendly ingredients are applied.
- It stays on the eyelids for an impressive amount of time.
- It lacks some bright colors.
Masquerade Palette by Juvia’s
- The transition of the colors is perfect for creating compositions and complex art.
- They are richly pigmented and won’t stay unnoticed.
- Only purple color is performed in matte among all bright colors.
JAPONESQUE Pixelated Color Eye Shadow Palette
- The shimmering is bright and long-lasting.
- There are tones for all occasions.
- An oily texture makes the shadows easy for application.
- The shimmer shadows have the tendency to fall out.
- The colors are hard to blend.
Too Faced Peanut Butter and Jelly Eye Shadow Collection Palette
- It has the most fashionable colors.
- You can combine matte and shimmering hues.
- The mirror is of a decent size for actual usage.
- It doesn’t leave powder fallout.
- Some of the colors have good pigmentation while others have a weak one.
- It is sturdy during the application.
- No brush included.
Tarte Rainforest of the Sea Limited-Edition Eyeshadow
- Eyeshadows are of a fine velvety texture.
- The product is compact and travel-friendly.
- They have a very strong pigmentation.
- It has coconut butter moisture ingredient.
- Most of the colors are similar to each other.
Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance
- The color sticks for 8 hours.
- It can be used equally effectively with or without primer.
- The brush is included.
- The texture is slightly powdery.
- No mirror for the eyeshadow palette that is really disappointing.
Coastal Scents Revealed Eye Shadow Palette
- Several movements of a brush are enough for gaining gorgeous eyelids.
- Combination of opposite textures is a winning option.
- It can boast with a minimal fallout of leftovers from the brush.
- More colors would make the palette even better.
- It lacks a mirror and brushes.
LORAC PRO Palette
No products found.
- The product can boast with a wonderful pigmentation.
- It has a soft and non-aggressive shimmer suitable for daily and photo makeup.
- It is problematic to adjust the shadows.
- There are all colors but green.
- The shadows are slightly powdery.
Stila Eyes Are The Window Shadow Palette
- All the colors have an attractive natural shimmer.
- The hues are easily modified.
- The product doesn’t dry the eyelids.
- The shadows are rather fragile.
- They are hard to remove without special fluid.
Burt’s Bees 100% Natural Eye Shadow Palette with 3 Shades, Countryside Lavender
- They are very durable and long-lasting.
- The natural ingredients make these eyeshadows totally hypoallergenic.
- The ingredients nourish the skin with vitamins.
- The package is not very comfortable.
- There is no brush shipped with the eyeshadows.
Becca Apres Ski Glow Face Palette
- The eyeshadows have impressive durability during wearing.
- You don’t need too much of them for gaining a decent result.
- They do not spread over the eyelid easily.
- If used in two layers, the shadows can crumble.
Tartelette in Bloom Clay Palette 12 Colors Eye Shadow By Tarte High Performance Naturals
- Warm colors to create an elegant image.
- 12 colors for selection.
- The colors in the palette may easily crumble.