Dark Circles around Eyes – Reasons and Effective Means of Battle
The eyes are frequently called the mirror of the souls. The skin around them is the signifier of the person’s health. It is very unpleasant to see one day that the darkness around the eyes is slowly taking the beauty away.
There are numerous reasons for this happening. However, there is no need to get discouraged because of this as the modern beauty industry introduces numerous means of recovering one’s attractiveness. Here you will get information on means of fighting this unpleasant condition and additionally, you will meet here best eye cream for dark circles reviews.
The Reasons for the Dark Circles Appearance
While seeing the dark shades beneath the eye you can immediately start seeking the reasons for their appearance. It won’t be a surprise to hear but there are dozens of reasons which cause the ill famous dark halos. Here are only a few of the best-known reasons:
- The chronical lack of sleep. The modern world has deprived a person of some vitally important hours of sleep. Most people lack 4-5 hours per day and the status worsens with every week and can be traced by pale skin, red eyes and dark circles beneath them of course.
- The frequent stresses. This is one of the main factors which damage the neural system of the person and that disrupts the internal processes in the organism. It causes the hormonal shift that will be reflected on one’s face. In this case, the assistance of a doctor is inevitable.
- Genetic predisposition. In rare cases, some people experience the consequences of genetic mutations where dark circles are a part of a normal look of the owner and are used as an accent element of a unique style. However, this a really rare case.
- The allergy. The negative reaction to dust, blooming flowers, wool of animals and cold air lead to excessive tear production and itching. The eyelids are getting irritated and become red all around.
- The unorganized ration. Fried, spicy, roasted and fatty food are extremely harmful to the periorbital zone. Some extra consumption of coffee and alcohol causes even greater darkening around the eyes.
- The anemia or slow blood flow. To detect if this is the reason it is necessary to undergo a blood test
Traditional Means of Solving the Problem
Of course, it is strongly advisable to detect the reason for the dark circle’s appearance. However, there are several traditional methods of fighting the problem which can be used by everyone as they improve the overall condition of any person.
- Receive enough sleep of 7-8 hours per day;
- Do a soft massage of the area around the eyes in the morning and before going to bed for a better blood circulation in the problem areas.
- Take regular walks in the fresh air or engage oneself in fitness.
- Use the cosmetics that is suitable for the age and the type of the skin and never forget to remove the makeup with special substances.
- Have enough nutrients and stick to a well-balanced diet that will keep the body healthy. Consume plenty of food with C vitamin as it can make the blood channels more durable and elastic.
- Avoid staying under direct rays of the sun without a cream with SPF that is lower than 15.
- Use the substance with lipid acid that will make the skin around eyes smoother and softer.
- Use cosmetics with K and A vitamins for the improvement of blood flow in the desired area
The Cosmetology Procedures
Aside from the traditional methods of dealing with dark circles like creams, masks, massages etc., there are several options which include some chemical procedures, injections and even laser intrusion which are dedicated to the elimination of the dark circles around eyes.
Carboxytherapy has got a good reputation in the battle with baggy skin below the eyes and dark circles. This is an injectable method of under the skin injection of dioxide carbon to stimulate the production of collagen, strengthen and brighten the skin. The usual course consists of 6 procedures twice a week.
Besides to remove the dark circles under the eyes trichloroacetic lactic acid is applied. The course of 4-6 sessions can be taken separately, and if it is combined with carboxytherapy a week interval between the procedures is required.
Another method for dark circles removal – biorevitalization received a decent number of positive reviews. “Bags” and dark circles can be treated with the drugs injected in a special way – so-called “technique of one needle”. It helps to reduce the number of injections at the same time increasing the amount of the injected substances.
The optimal course consists of 4 procedures with the interval of 2 weeks. It is prohibited to have biorevitalization more than once a year as it can violate the natural skin metabolism.
- Lasers on guard of the dark circles
Laser therapy, including fractional photothermolysis, is also used to remove the dark circles. The instruments enable to work in delicate areas, nevertheless, some painful feelings are possible if the person has low pain limit. Four sessions per month are recommended.
Some adds dedicated to dark circle removal state that one can take the sun bathes just after the procedure. However, it is better to wait for some period to avoid the hyperpigmentation. The sun taboo will over only in three months. Besides some swelling is present about two days after the procedure.
- Irritative current therapy
Irritative current therapy is less radical, completely painless, but still very popular method of fighting the baggy eyes and dark circles. It benefits the blood vessels and improves the lymphatic drainage. The course consists of 10-15 procedures with the interval of several days.
Then it is recommended to have a maintaining session once a month. Sometimes, the microcurrents have a positive result, but in most cases, the effect is not so much noticed. It all depends on the nature of the dark circles.
- FAMI (Fat Autograft Muscle Injection)
There is another method – the lipomodelling of the periorbital area, but it is rather contradictory. It is impossible to predict what number of the fat cells will take. The unofficial statistic states that it rarely reaches 30%. That is why the final result may be unpredictable.
The innovation for the dark circles’ correction is injecting into the area under the eyes the pigment copying the color of the skin, in other words – tattoo. There are few professionals practicing this technique now. The first task is to select the proper shade of the dye maximally similar to the natural skin.
The potential clients who want to get rid of the dark circles should remember that the procedure is rather painful and needs the local anesthesia. The recovery period is rather long and it may require up to 4 procedures. At the same time, those who tried this method are rather happy with the effect.
What Cream Should Women Select
If you are selecting the cream that will be applied particularly for this zone, it would be a good idea to concentrate on the beauty goods which contain collagen, elastin, and hyaluronic acid. These elements provide a refreshing effect, moisture the skin and stimulate the work of lymph. Those ladies, who are attracted by lightly structured creams, would like gels, gel-creams, and serums.
The contemporary beauty industry offers the gels which help to get rid of the dark circles around the eyes and prevent their reappearance. The efficiency of the substance is based on the active supplements which are sucked into the blood flow through the skin and which refresh the skin’s color.
In order to increase the strength of the cream against dark circles, it is better to store it in the fridge. The cold substance will be twice as useful for the skin around eyes. Below you will find the best eye cream reviews of the most renowned goods that are available for women.back to menu ↑
RoC Retinol Correxion Eye Cream Treatment
The moistening substances which were added to the cream serve as a superb catalyst which penetrates deep into the skin and fills it with Retinol that is a pure vitamin A. The whole principle of the cream is based on nourish and renovating of the skin around the eyes. Additionally, you will be capable to remove not only the dark shades around the eyes but also age wrinkles.
The first effect is noticed within the first four weeks of the usage as the shadows turn lighter.
- An Effective formula for dark shadows
- Removes wrinkles
- Has nourishing effect
- Small package
- The formula is not universal
- Need to avoid large doses
Olay Eyes Ultimate Eye Cream
The porous structure of the cream makes it easier to penetrate the problematic areas. It will keep the skin hydrated and filled with minerals and vitamins. Such a powerful cream will work effectively for removing dark circles and flakiness of the skin.
- Specifically designed for eyes
- Complex effect on the skin
- Affordable price
- Need to use several times per day
- Doesn’t dry fast
- Have to use concealer over the cream during the first weeks of using
L’Oreal Paris RevitaLift Anti-Wrinkle
The cream has got a unique collection of elements for extra skin moisturizing with proteins and natural oils. Additionally, it is one of the rare creams that is using caffeine in its formula for some extra stimulation of blood channels in the area where it is placed. The officially stated time for gaining the maximal effect is 4 weeks.
- Superb French quality
- Unique natural formula
- Affordable price
- Have to use it 2 times a day
- It takes a lot of time to dry
Organyc Spark Eye Cream
An extra dose of glycolic acid moisturize the skin better and it adds a healthier and more refreshed look to the user. It is absolutely hypoallergenic so no adverse reactions are observed. The creators of the substance state that a significant effect will take place
Within 30-45 days max.
- Guarantees of quality
- A new form of substance
- Some ladies have to use concealer during the first times of use
Garnier Skin Active Clearly Brighter Sheer Tinted Eye Roller
- Instant effect
- Massaging effect
- It is flammable until it dries.
Skin Medica Tns Eye Repair
- Fast effect
- Complex formula
- Somewhat pricey compared to other substance