17 Best Dry Scalp Shampoo: 2019 Reviews & Guide
Every woman wants to look gorgeous, to feel attractive and sexy. And it’s absolutely natural. Women want to catch males’ eyes on them. However not the last place in the looking good takes having of healthy hair.
But for numerous nowadays beauties it’s a huge problem. One of the reasons for the hair being bad is a dry scalp. It has become the real scourge of the modernity due to the many reasons.
Are there solutions for this unpleasant issue? Of course! There are many of them but today we will talk about the most reliable and efficient one – it’s a dry scalp shampoo. We’ll try to figure it out which one of them is the best shampoo for dry scalp, for you to look like one of the stunning celebrity females on the red carpet.
What are the Typical Reasons of a Dry Scalp?
When the sebaceous glands start to work incorrectly, the cells can not contain molecules of precious moisture inside themselves. The scalp begins to peel, dandruff appears, which is commonly supported by itching and a feeling of tightness and over drying.
Hair becomes brittle and split. If nothing is done with all these manifestations, they will only worsen, which can lead to serious problems – a neglected form of seborrhea, alopecia (baldness), hyperkeratosis and other diseases.
Very dry skin requires a special approach: firstly, regular and thorough care, and secondly, complex treatment should be carried out. But to begin with, it is desirable to understand which factors have led to this state of the epidermis, and try to eliminate them.
Let us find out the real reasons for having a dry scalp. Here are the most common ones of them:
- Early aging of the skin of the head.
- Dry climate.
- Improper care and hygiene.
- Unsuitable working conditions exert a destructive effect on the body, an essential part of which is the skin. Chemical components, hot steam and hard-working conditions drain and degrade the skin.
- Hormonal imbalance.
- Dehydration. Dry skin is a consequence of dehydration, which is the intestinal beg for help in fact.
- Skin diseases. The consequence of the epidermis being unhealthy is skin rashes, peeling and inflammation. In this case, treatment is obligatory.
- Rigid diet. The body experiences the intense stress while keeping to a diet. This makes it draw strength in the accessible alternative sources. Which results in the skin suffering, it sacrifices its tender structure and healthy appearance.
- Diseases of the nervous system.
- Diseases of the digestive tract and metabolic disorders. The intestine is a filter of the system of all organs. Its clogging affects the internal organs and also the skin condition.
- Pernicious habits. Smoking etches the skin with heavy metals and free radicals, it changes the skin color. Alcohol in its turn dehydrates the skin.
- Lack of the vitamins inevitable for the skin good looking.
- Bad influence of beauty devices. Using a curling iron and a hairdryer.
- Frequent using the hair-dye
Disposal and Discomfort
Obvious inconveniences of having a dry scalp include dryness, fragility, neglected appearance, unpleasant sensations and awkwardness. The hair is more matted, looks lifeless, it is hammered by dandruff. Dry skin is often stitched, irritated, flaky and cracked.
Its microflora is more prone to infections. There are also hidden sources of discomfort. Hair loss and dandruff, as a rule, are accompanied by itching, split ends, and untidiness of the whole appearance in common.
Massage and Scrubbing
Massage and scrubbing are a great remedy for the skin surface regeneration and stimulation of the blood flow which is, of course, helpful in fighting with a dry scalp. Massage movements should be careful and delicate. After all, the broken structure of the hair and the weakened state of it long for it.
Massage to restore the hydro balance of the scalp surface, supplemented with scraping components, will revitalize the skin. It relieves spasms and sufficiently improves blood flow. Healthy skin will respond with a regenerating effect and affect the structure of hair bulbs and rods.
How should this massage be done? It should be done manually, at home or by a specialist. There are a few types of such a kind of a massage: cryomassage, acupuncture and scalproller. The depth and thickness of the needle should be standard. They must be made of titanium. Naturally, it takes 540 needles. Manual massage is done on massage lines to the sensation of heat in the skin, when it feels that the skin is warmed up.
You can call without any doubts mesotherapy your one more loyal ally in fighting with the dry scalp. Mesotherapy of the hair is a procedure aimed at increasing the growth of strands and improving their condition.
During the procedure, useful substances are injected into the scalp, which produces the proper result, namely, this strengthens the health of the hair follicles and ensures the supply of nutrients to them.
- Fighting with the problem of a dry scalp.
- Stopping of the hair loss.
- Supplement of hair follicles with necessary nutrition.
- Stimulating of blood supply.
- Restoring skin work.
- Strengthening of the hair, making them thick and healthy.
- Normalizing of the work of sebaceous glands of the scalp.
Mesotherapy is suitable for all types of the hair. It can be helpful if you have:
- Dry scalp;
- Hair loss;
- Fragility and dryness of strands;
- Split ends;
- Premature appearance of gray hair.
Unfortunately, this awesome procedure may have such side-effects:
- Necrosis and even inflammation.
Luckily you can avoid all these unpleasant things by consulting a highly qualified professional.
The rules of self-care include a big set of measures that sometimes make it necessary to revise the lifestyle in general and change a lot in it so that the hair and scalp cease to be dry. So, what should you do, first of all, to provide the cells with the right level of moisture and make the sebaceous glands work in the right way?
- Normalize the food. The daily diet should be balanced and diverse. It is desirable to eat more foods high in fat: avocados, sesame, olives, fatty fish, and also berries of sea-buckthorn.
- Set up a drinking regime. Drink a day from 1.5 to 2 liters of ordinary water.
- Refuse from thermal tools for hair styling: the scalp should rest from the hairdryer, forceps, curling iron and ironing.
- Wash dry hair with warm water only.
- Regularly do homemade moisturizing masks for dry hair.
- Undergo an examination for internal diseases and treat them.
- Quit smoking.
- Do not drink alcohol and carbonated drinks.
- Comb dry hair as often as possible using essential oils.
- Ensure that the air in the room in which you spend time is constantly moistened.
Very often, the elimination of the underlying causes of dry skin of the scalp and the rules of self-care overlap, which increases the chances of successful treatment of this scourge.
Shampoo for Dry Scalp
If you want to improve the condition of your hair, special attention should be paid to the shampoos that you use. A frightening figure – in 97% of shampoos of known brands there are substances poisoning our organism. The main most dangerous components are denoted as sodium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, and coco sulfate.
These chemicals destroy the structure of the curls, the hair becomes brittle, lose elasticity and strength, the color fades. But the most terrible thing is that this muck gets to the liver, heart, lungs, accumulates in the organs and can cause cancer. We advise you not to use the means in which these substances are found.
We’ve done a little research and recommend you to pay your attention to the following compilation of top shampoos which you can use safely. You will definitely find a shampoo for dry scalp which suits exactly to you.back to menu ↑
Klorane Shampoo with Peony for Sensitive and Irritated Scalp – Good for Itch Relief
It might be the best shampoo for itchy scalp.
- Ecologically friendly
- Has a pleasant floral aroma
- Doesn’t contain parabens and sulfates
- Can help you get rid of itching up to 24 hours
- Might have an annoying aroma if you don’t like peonies
Wella Elements Shampoo – Gentle Moisturizer
- Moistures both hair and head skin
- Comes recommended by well-known specialists
- Doesn’t contain SLS
- You should consult your doctor about side-effects. Self-cure can be dangerous for your health
Davines MOMO Shampoo – Fights Dandruff and Moisturizes
Oily and greasy hair will become only an unpleasant memory for you after using this fabulous shampoo. Cartucciaru Melon extract lets your hair show its natural power and strength by moisturizing it without making it heavy and oily.
- Moistures gently without making the hair greasy and oily
- Produces anti-septic effect on the irritated dry scalp
- Efficient against dandruff
- Might be not suitable for you if you can’t stand melon aroma.
PHYTO Phytheol Dry Hair Moisturizing Scalp Exfoliating Shampoo – Botanical Solution for Dandruff and Dry Scalp
This incredible compilation of the products of Mother Earth will make a wonder with your dehydrated and itching scalp surface. To get the results you need to use this stunning bio-shampoo only twice a week.
- Contains only natural ingredients
- Low frequency of using
- Removes flakes of the dead head skin
- You can’t use this product if you are allergic to any of the ingredients contained
- You don’t like bio-shampoos
L’Oreal EverStrong Sulfate – Free Hair & Scalp System Thickening Shampoo
L’Oreal EverStrong Shampoo does not contain sulfates and will be more than advantageous for your dry scalp. It’s especially helpful for the sensitive head skin.
- Avoids using sulfates and parabens
- Moisturizes softly dry scalp
- Thickens the hair
- Might be not suitable for you if you have not the sensitive head skin type
Dove Shampoo for Dandruff, Dryness and Itch Relief
- Produced by a well-known world company
- Contains Pyrithione Zink – wholesome for a dry scalp
- Being allergic to the main active ingredient
- You don’t like coconut’s aroma
Argan Oil Shampoo from Maple Holistics – to Hydrate Dry Scalp and Fight Hair Loss
- Contains only natural and ecologically friendly ingredients
- Has Vitamins B1, B2 and E
- You are allergic at least to one of the active components
Kerastase Specifique Bain Riche Dermo – Calm Shampoo to Soothe Dry Scalp
- Doesn’t contain sulfates, parabens and silicones
- Moistures effectively a dry scalp
- You have not an appropriate type of the head skin
Eucerin DermoCapillaire Calming Urea Shampoo – Exfoliates Dry Skin and Stops the Itch, Especially for Sensitive Skin
- Contains the helpful lactate polidocanol
- Doesn’t make hair oily and heavy
- You can’t use this shampoo if you are allergic to polidocanol
Redken Dandruff Control Scalp Relief Shampoo
- Contains lavender which produces a soothing effect on the irritated skin of the head
- Has a minty aroma
- Might be not suitable for you if don’t like lavender or mint
AVEDA Invati Exfoliating Shampoo to Relieve Dry Scalp
- Contains the salicylic acid needful to exfoliate the dead head skin
- Helps the hair by unclogging pores
- Might be useless for you if you are allergic to the active components
AVEDA Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo to Reduce Oiliness without Drying
Aveda Scalp Benefits Balancing Shampoo will be an awesome choice for the followers of the natural ingredients. It has seabuckthorn oil and burdock root which are the best helpers in the soothing itching dry scalp and clearing out the flakes.
- Gives wholesome help to the itchy skin
- Does not contain sulfates and silicones
- Might cost you a tidy sum of money
Selsun Blue Itchy Dry Scalp Dandruff Shampoo
- Advantageous in fighting with the dandruff issue
- Has Ph-balanced formula
- If you can’t stand citruses it might be useless for you
Neutrogena T/Sal Shampoo Scalp Build-Up Control, Controls Oil, Reduces Flaking
- Soothes itching reddened scalp
- Doesn’t make the hair greasy and heavy
- Has no SLS
- Can be too intensive for the weakened hair strands
Neutrogena T/Gel Therapeutic Shampoo Original Formula, Dandruff Treatment
- Contains efficient anti-dandruff substance
- Has an optimal gel form
- Consult your doctor if you are not allergic to the coal tar
ArtNaturals Dandruff Shampoo, Coal Tar with Argan Oil, Scalp18 Therapeutic Treatment
- Effective against the appearance of dandruff
- Has a pleasant scent
- Might cost you a pretty sum of money
Nizoral A-D Anti-Dandruff Shampoo
- Contains efficient ketoconazole
- Fights with itching
- Has no strong scent
- Should be used together with the conditioner
Every single one of these shampoos is good enough to make your hair shine with health. It’s only up to you which one to choose and to fight with your problems. Be healthy and beautiful!